A company is developing a new medical product for patients with a rare disease. Additional services, e.g. a patient support program (PSP), are considered important to help patients gain access to new treatments when needed.
There is a lack of knowledge about what program elements will be helpful for patients and relatives, what would be just “nice to have” and what can potentially be perceived as inappropriate.
- Problem Analysis, Patient Segmentation, and Program Targeting
- Identification of best partners among patient experts
- Co-creation session prepared and moderated by admedicum
- Challenging the status quo and identifying need-gaps
- Brainstorming opportunities for further improvements of program components
- Validation among “normal patients”
- Strong basis for a Patient Support Program that truly benefits patients and achieves the client’s goals